Wednesday, July 12, 2023

July 12 - If at first you don’t succeed, try once more then give up.

 I think I made a good decision to take one of my RA meds in the morning instead of supper - not as wiped out this evening, and the bags under my eyes don’t feel like eye pillows. 

I’m loving the weather the last couple of days, hot but not too too hot outside, and comfortable inside. Still not getting much done though. I have excuses:

a) A couple of sore parts. Not too sore for what I want to do, but too sore to not do the stuff I should be doing.

b) Too hot to do housework, even if said housework is an indoors job.

c) Housework never ends, so if I do it today I will just have to do it all over again tomorrow (or next week, month, whenever.)

Anyway, somethings who are loving the warmth of the sun are the cacti in my window. And my heart leaf plant.

See how much the baby has grown? Proud mamma here. And I do believe - hope - there’s another one starting from the same stem. 

The Old Man’s Beard is one of my first cacti, I’ve had it for a couple of years I believe. And, as you can see, the bird seed I planted in the same pot is doing well too. 

And on a completely different topic, here is my mom’s recipe for her delicious Scottish style scones (pronounced skons, not scooooones), and if you, unlike me, can make them as good as she used you, you can come visit any time.  I’ll provide the butter and jam  

As you can see, it looks like it got about the same use as my old Cream of the West cookbook, but actually it didn’t. I only tried, unsuccessfully, a couple of times  

There are some things only a mom can do better  



No comments:

Post a Comment