Wednesday, July 26, 2023

July 26 - I shouldn’t have to go back almost 50 years to find words, but there you go.

 I know you’re probably not quite as excited about my succulents (and cacti) as I am, but this morning I saw another little bump on the stem of the new leaf. I think we’re going to have 2 babies! Patience, patience. 

So exciting!

That’s about all that’s exciting today though. I do have to take half a pill at 11 o’clock and have blood work done at exactly 8 o’clock in the morning, so we’ll see how that goes. Usually with appointments at LifeLabs you still have to wait - last time it was a whopping 73 minutes. I’ll have to show them my pill bottle as these instructions are written on it. 
And then - prednisone. My hands are not loving the absence of prednisone, more so than any other parts. And although with prednisone you (meaning I) could gain weight, I haven’t. Not until I stopped taking it and gained 3 pounds in 4 days. 
I was tidying the living room today and found some stuff Nikkie had left over from her bridal shower, and that made me think of a poem in my very first, hand bound (and strung together with embroidery floss) poetry book. If I remember correctly, I made at least 4 of them and sent 3 off to my siblings. 
Anyway, I do believe shower presents have differed greatly since the early 70s, as have the brides that receive them. 

No backspacing with that typewriter. If you made a mistake, you either started all over again, or ignored it and hoped no one would notice. 

I was brimming with advice though. 



And with those words of wisdom, I shall retire. 

11:01. Took my half pill. A minute late, but don’t tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment