Friday, July 14, 2023

July 14 - You’re not always where you think you are

This morning, when I thought we were leaving to go to Guildford Town Centre (aka mall), I found that we were actually going to Green Timbers Forest (park) in search of the lake.  If you have read this blog in the past, you just may remember Breehy and me going there a long time ago. The man- made lake just appeared before us as we walked (rolled), but this morning we walked and walked and walked some more, and no lake.  It must be hard to move a lake. 

We met a couple walking two small dogs, and asked them if they knew where said lake was  

‘On the other side of 100 Ave’ they said. Well, they said more, and pointed here and there and stuff, but basically told us we were in the wrong side of the park to ever come across the lake. 

‘Oh,’ I said. We’ve already been walking for four hours.’

She laughed, he laughed, but my feet didn’t laugh.

We turned to go back to the parking lot, and I fell in love with the artistry involved in turning this boring asphalt path into a work of art. But then Mr Bubble Burster said it was caused by frost. So I guess Mother Nature did it, and that impressed me too.



I love old growth forests in hot summer days, perfect place to get some cool relief even if there was no lake nearby. Nothing makes you realize how small you are until you stand beneath one of these majesties and (try to) look up. 

This is at the entrance - yes, the pics loaded backwards. No biggie. 


And here is the beginning of the path (or the end, looking back.)

Across the road from the park there is a huge RCMP station, so I had to take a pic of this guy. Maybe someone reading this knows him?

Anyway, looks like my formatting has gone to hell in a hand basket now, so I will leave you with a very exhausted nighty night, and a link to better days when Breehy and I actually found the lake. 






No comments:

Post a Comment