Wednesday, July 5, 2023

July 5 A day of little things - and sometimes they are the best!

 Another hot day where the temperature reached 31c (88f for my American friends) and tomorrow is supposed to be 37, so if today was too hot for a picnic, I have a feeling tomorrow will be too. Maybe I can talk him into a little walk in an old growth forest, where it is always cooler on a hot day  

You may think there’s not very many of these in a city, but you would be wrong. Surrey’s parks are awesome!

Anyway. Since it was too hot to go outside I thought I’d bake something, and while looking through cookbooks, I realized that my not-falling-apart Purity cookbook is exactly the same inside as my all-fallen-apart Cream of the West cookbook. And the date square recipe (Matrimonial Squares) I was searching for isn’t in either one.  Oh well, you’ll be glad to know I’ve moved on  



At least I knew where the raisins where. 


Or I thought I did. Guess I never ran out of brown sugar after all, I was just not aware it was playing hide-and-seek. 

On an entirely different topic, my visit with Dr Zhi went really well. He said I didn’t have to have surgery (yet, anyway) and I definitely didn’t have ‘something with 12 syllables and few vowels’(I asked him to spell it for me, and I think he almost thought I wasn’t kidding.) Another good thing thing about my visit was filling out that standard form that all doctors want - a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have been able to hold onto the pen the correct way, and my printing would have been so small and uneven, and almost unreadable, but today? No problem. It would have made my primary school teacher proud. 

It really is the little things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment