Sunday, July 9, 2023

July 9 - Seems I had 2 July 9s in a row - but today is the real one.



 Lazy lazy Sunday.  Not quite as hot, but good enough for me. Howard thinks the temperature got up to 23, but seems a lot warmer in our room now. With the air conditioner on, my feet will soon be freezing, and I’ll soon either go to bed or get my winter jacket. 

We had a little visitor this morning, which was a bit strange until we realized why he dropped by.



Somehow this little red-cheeked woodpecker realized there was a whack of ants near the garage door, and he had a feast of them. I imagine there’s lots left too. Maybe he’ll bring his family later and finish them off. 

I never did much today, just the usual never- ending dishes and stuff like that. I did finish the ice-cream mixture I had left over from yesterday, so decided I’d experiment with strawberry Koolaid to see if I could turn vanilla into strawberry ice-cream. 

At first I figured I’d only use about half the pack, but realized that might be a bit much, as there was enough powder to make 8 (I think) cups of koolaid, and I only had a bit more than 2 cups of stuff. So I was able to scoop out quite a bit, as it was kinda floating on top, and crossed my fingers. When it was churning in the ice-cream maker it looked like Pepto Bismal, which wasn’t very appetizing, but I’m glad to say when it was done it looked yummier, and my fussy husband liked it! Yeah!



Well, my boring day is almost done. Just have to go downstairs and get supper dishes done. 

Then bed. Well, maybe ice-cream first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment