Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23 - Thanks to Sheila for reminding me - I used to get ready to go out at this time of the evening, now I just get ready for bed. We never expect to grow up to be our parents, but here we are.

 It was about 12 years ago I wrote the poem I posted last night, My Life in Six Decades, and now I’m starting my 8th. Doesn’t that make one feel old. 12 years ago I could remember some highlights from the previous 50+ years - however, now I have trouble remembering what I did last week. The only thing that helps is the fact that each day is basically the same. So a new poem about that would go something like this ....

On Sunday I washed dishes

And then I swept the floor

I watched some stuff on BritBox

And said my knee was sore. 


On Tuesday I watched Prime tv

And washed some dishes too

We may have gone to Walmart

To get the stuff for stew

(Or maybe that was Thursday.)


On Wednesday I Swept the floor

Hung  laundry out to dry

I think I washed the dishes

(Can’t find a word to rhyme),


Well, you get the drift. It’s a good job I can usually write something about nothing, though I must admit, even that is getting harder. I’m pretty sure my life will get more exciting in another few days, though.

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment