Tuesday, July 4, 2023

July 4 - it’s not Sweatin’ to the Oldies, but the oldies sweatin’




On the go early this morning as we had to take our little Micra  to the dealership for her six-month service. Fingers crossed all the way that they wouldn’t find a million little things wrong. 

And so we had to take the bus home. I’m still hating transit after spending 5 years travelling from Surrey to Richmond for work - bus, skytrain and bus, anywhere from 80 minutes and up. I know at some point, He will refuse to drive any more, and to tell the truth, sometimes even now he makes me a tad nervous. Of course, not as nervous as he gets when I yell out, ‘That’s a red light!’

Anyway, the bus driver got us to Surrey Centre safely, not once slamming on the brake when the light turned from yellow. 
We went to the mall for a healthy late breakfast - bacon and eggers from A&W. The kind of food you think you really really want, but realize after that no, not such a good idea at all. 

However, it was better than burping after your daily dose of 4 Omega 3 capsules. 



 Today was really hot - 30 in the carport. I didn’t go on any walks for ‘pleasure’ but logged in over 6000 steps anyway, beating yesterday by about 1000. I did however clean the freezer in the garage, which was pretty much full of unidentifiable stuff packed in freezer burned Ziplock bags. Howard figures I did most of my steps between the garage and the food bin, and for once he is probably right. I don’t mind giving credit where credit is due. 

(By the way, the only extra the car need was a wheel alignment, so we figured we got off lucky with a $300 bill.)

Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting. I think I’ll be able to talk him into another picnic, as I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning, and he knows how I hate these. 


No comments:

Post a Comment