Thursday, July 13, 2023

July 13 - Today was no picnic. Literally and figuratively.

 Some people will do anything to get a bracelet- even if it means 5 hours at the ER.

Oh, he’s fine. Xrays, CT scan and blood tests all done and all good. Home now watching his show, Bosch, just relaxing and forgetting about the needles and stuff.

See, I keep telling him, ‘It’s probably muscle pain. You have to stop over-doing stuff. Give your muscles time to rest up.  You’re not 30 years old any more.’

Doctor told him, ‘It’s probably muscle pain.’ 

Gee whiz. I never even went to medical school.

Steve said yesterday he (Howard, not the doctor) was lugging 100 pound cement squares around. 

‘So, what do you expect? You’re not .. etc etc etc.’

Enough said,  at least we know now that his innards are healthy, his heart is good, and he doesn’t have kidney stones. I guess I could do a Misery kind of thing on his hamstrings to make him stop overdoing it, but he’d still probably find a way to build something, or fix something, or move something.  The Vokey boys are very resilient. 

Anyway, enough about hubby. My cacti and I are doing fine, I managed to get 4778 steps in today, and even though it’s 9:30 in the night I have no trouble keeping my eyelids open.

So this is us, 48 11/12 years in sickness and health. As Merle Haggard sand, That’s the way love goes  





No comments:

Post a Comment