Friday, October 14, 2011

My Flog for October 14 + My Exhausting Day Off

Long long ago, at nine-thirty this morning, actually, I left to walk, skytrain, and bus to Steveston to pick up my reward for working my butt off three days a week. It took me over half an hour to walk to the skytrain station, and I don't think it's because it is terrifically far, I think it's because I'm pathetically slow. An old guy came out of a driveway on the way, walking with a cane also.
"Hey, we should have a race."
"Yeah," I replied. "That would  be funny."
And it would have been, really.

So instead of having a relaxing day off tidying and unpacking and drifting, I spent it walking around Steveston, lunching in a corner dive on unexciting food, and checking out the thrift stores. I bought my basket with me, and swore I wouldn't buy anything that wouldn't fit in it, and I held true to that promise. When I got off the skytrain back in Surrey, I walked around Surrey Central Mall for a while, then waited at the bus loop for Howard to meet me after he got off work. I texted Nikkie, worried that someone would mistake me for a hooker, just hanging around the skytrain track, but she assured me I had no worries. I wasn't  sure how to take that until I walked by a mirrored wall.  Howard finally came, we found the Royal Bank, and then we bussed home.

Everyone went out to Mr Pickwicks for Fish and Chips, but I stayed home and absolutely crashed. Now I have to go to bed, or I will start eating everything in sight.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Coffee, Omelet and Toast - the omelet was nothing to write home about, not even to write in my flog about, bland and tasteless even with the addition of salt and pepper. The toast was just buttered in the middle, the outside crisp and dry. The coffee got cold before I finished eating what I ate.   I can't remember the name of the little hole in the wall, but I won't be going back there again. Although listening to the gal that was cooking/cashiering talk about her husband's troubles after his van was rear-ending was slightly more interesting than looking out the window at a deserted boardwalk.
  • Dinner - Turkey Soup
  • Snacks - a few Dolly Mixtures - I bought half a pound of them from Mary's British Home for the kids, and I only ate a few after Nikkie told me I wouldn't be mistaken for a hooker. Bit of a downer. Needed comfort food. Also a Walkers Caramel Wafer Bar, well, to tell the truth, two and a can of Ginger Ale.  Like I said, I have to go to bed right now or nothing will be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment