Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Flog for October 18 - A Day Late and Pretty Lame, Just Sayin'

I'm usually still asleep while riding the bus to Steveston. I do have to stay awake on the Sky Train, as I don't want to end up in downtown Vancouver when my job is way way far away from there, but as the bus I take ends its trip in Steveston, and I am on it til the last stop, I'm pretty secure in the knowledge that the bus driver would kick me out when we got there. However, Tuesday morning I did stay awake, and that's why I noticed two strange signs near a community centre on the way.

One was advertising a drop-in  for - MOMS & TOTS (and dads too) - which I thought would make some dads feel a little bit hurt. I myself don't like being part of an after thought. Maybe I'm just a bit too sensitive. The other sign advertised WOMEN'S AND PRETEEN'S FLOOR HOCKEY and that made me imagine a whack of middle aged ladies (or even older ones like me) whipping around a gymnasium tripping over little tykes as they fought over that ball.

On the other hand, maybe I was really asleep and just dreamt all that. Who knows.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - The rest of Yesterday's Soup
  • Dinner - Hamburger - Neil makes grrrreat hamburgers - and 2 .. or was it 3?... French Fries
  • Snacks - Cranberry Juice, Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment