Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things I'm Thankful For - updated for Thanksgiving 2011

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR 

i thank the guy who lives above
who sent me family to love
my mom and dad, so wise and kind
who live forever in my mind
the things they taught me i pass on
and that way they are never gone

i thank the guy who lives above
for sending me three sons to love
and they in turn for bringing me
grown up daughters, one two three
already over puberty
and eight grandkids, to see them grow
is such a blessing, this i know

I thank the guy who lives above
for sending me a man to love
though there are times i think that he
would rather i would let him be
(he's not quite over puberty.)

i thank the guy who lives above
for sending family to love
although they live from here to there
they're scattered bloody every where
some of my blood and some of his
i honestly can tell you this:

as i grow older i have found
that family makes the world go round
sons and daughters, fathers, mothers
nieces, nephews, sisters, brothers -
those i love, and who love me -
Thank God for my family.

i thank the guy who lives above
for all the friends i came to love
some are family, some are not
i'm thankful for the whole damn lot

across the country they abide
(the country is too freakin' wide)
up north, down south, across the street
they've given me great memories

like bunny ears and lemon gin
(i don't think i'll do that again)
from picking berries in the fall
to Vancouver and a yarn store crawl
old memories are mixed with new
and i am thankful for them all

with some i worked, with some i played -
no matter how my friends were made
i'm very thankful for their love
and so i thank the guy above.



No comments:

Post a Comment