Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Flog for April 1

I hope everyone had a good April Fool's Day. I had to work, of course, so that took away a lot of enjoyment. Poor me. I'm home now though - poor me. I am doing laundry in between words.

Spring has finally dug in for real, the fruit trees are pinking and whiting all over, and leaves are opening, freshly green. I saw dandelions yesterday, the first ones I've noticed this year. A few days of sun and a few days of rain do wonders for the growing stuff.
This is a picture of the Pedestrian Scramble at the main intersection in Steveston. Here you can press buttons, and either walk across the street in the usual way, or cross diagonally following the rope map. I think it's just the city's way of cutting down on tourists - a sort of survival of the fittest thingie. However, there is a beautiful cherry tree all a-blossom on the other side of the street, and a beautiful April sky overhead.

Yesterday was the last day for applying to the most wanted job on the planet, as VIB (Very Important Blogger) for Richmond and its many restaurants. I would be quite honoured to make the Top Ten, but like all the American Idol wannabees, I am one of thousands who are trying out for it. I have decided if I don't slip through, I am going to haul out my Clothesline Wars and try to plump that out for - dare I say it? - a book. The skeleton is already there, that part happened without me really trying, which is sort of magic, I must say. 

On a totally different subject - a terrible thing has happened. The day after I mangled kidneys and baked them in a Steak and Kidney Pie, Howard tried it - and actually liked it. Does that mean I'll have to make this recipe again? Oh my. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Egg Sandwich
  • Dinner - 2 slices of Raisin Bread
  • Snacks - Eccles Cake (which is really a pastry and not a cake) 

No comments:

Post a Comment