Monday, April 30, 2012

My Flog for April 30

It was pretty tough to get out of bed this morning at 5:20, but I did it. Work was really slow, and there wasn't much to do, so Pauline and I had a relatively easy day, just had to deal with a few customers whose main objective was to confuse and frustrate.

About half an hour before closing I found myself all covered with cold shivers, which isn't good. The bus driver on the way home had the heat blasting high on the bus, and I was sitting almost on top of a heat vent, so I was almost medium rare by the time we got to the skytrain - the ride seemed to go quickly because I dozed most of the way. Steve and Howard picked me up at King George and after we were home for a few minutes, we went to Walmart to start stocking our cupboards, and ended up with a crappy dinner. While dinner was in the oven, I mixed up some Raisin-Cranberry-Citrus Muffins, which didn't rise too well, we'll see how they turned out when they cool enough for the Test Tasting. They were pretty expensive to make, as I used 9 eggs. Well, I didn't actually use 9 eggs in the muffins, I was also counting the 7 that broke when I knocked the carton on the floor. So I decided not to make the Chocolate Muffins that were next on the agenda.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Share a Soup'n'Wrap Day. Tomato and Black Bean Soup, and Marinated Veggies and Chicken Wrap with Tzatziki Sauce. Neither was anything to write home about - or write a flog about - mainly, I guess, because Tomato Soup isn't one of my favourites - I'm sure a lot of people thought they were delicous. I'm not particularly fussy over Greek food anyway,  so to make up for that, I had a Sausage Roll as well.
  • Dinner - a slice of cardboard with playdo veggies and pepperoni leather on top - Howard was so proud to find frozen pizzas for  - get this - $3 each, he bought two. I once again told him he got what he paid for.
  • Snacks - Pudding, Hot Chocolate, Banana, Orange, and a Muffin when they cool down. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment