Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Flog for April 15

This morning, we all went to Neil and Shannon's complex to pick up a set of bunk beds for the kids. It's not often we get this view of the Alex Fraser Bridge - see, I keep telling you how tall it is. You can see the river, too, and as you can see from the sky, it is definitely not a Spring-is-here-to-stay kind of day.
I often go over the Alex Fraser Bridge, but rarely go under it.
The kids' bunk beds - I wonder who will be brave enough to sleep on the top bunk?
Looks like Sophia chose the bottom bunk!!
Well, other than than the morning ride to Ladner, in the Big Blue Truck, (where Chris informed that it wasn't a Big Blue Truck, but a Big Dark Blue Truck) my day was very uneventful. Howard and Steve cooked dinner, and I made muffins and Partially Whole Wheat Bread (probably about 38% Whole Wheat) after. Then Nikkie I did a quick trip to the Corner Store for margarine and toilet paper, both of which were getting very low. She and I shared a bag of chips on the way home (although she would probably just admit to eating one, and I wouldn't deny that.)
 Ah, we sort of figured that out. Oh well. One was scared to climb up, and one was scared to climb down. But they are both happy with this arrangement, and that's what matters.
Yum yum yum yum yum
3 baked, 2 to go
The muffins were really good, so I hear. I did test taste a Cranberry/Blueberry one, though, for Quality Control purposes only. I poured in the cranberries, and thought there was enough cranberries that I didn't need blueberries, then decided at the last minute to add a few blueberries, as we wanted to avert another single berry muffin episode; however, when I went to pour in a few blueberries, half the bag decided to make the journey, so they were a bit more fruitful than I planned. Very good error though, I may add.
Everyone's gone to bed now, except for the poor tired bread baker, so there is no one awake to try the Bread - although it looks and smells good. Two more loaves to come out of the oven and I'll be joining my sleeping partner. I find if I bake more than 3 loaves at a time in my dollar store oven, they will brown so unevenly, as in 1 or 2 will be burnt black, and the rest be as white as snow, so the way to go is small and slow.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - 1 slice of White Raisin Bread, a Banana
  • Dinner - Chicken, Stuffing, Potatoes
  • Snacks - Chocolate, Muffin, Chips, Diet Pepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment