Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Flog for April 29 - Part 1 in Lieu of April 28

Well, as you know, it is no longer yesterday, indeed it is another day. Yesterday was so long. We got up about 6:30 and started at it, moving everything - tons of stuff, just the two of us old souls huffing and puffing and swearing - our boys were working. I think they considered themselves lucky, actually.

5 days ago we had no intentions of moving, so it is/was a rather unorganized endeavour. I had spent the previous week moving stuff around in the basement and unpacking 5-6 boxes, which thank heavens, I hadn't put in Tuesday's recycling run, so in the 5 trips we made yesterday, I packed these suckers 5 times. A lot of our 'stuff' was already in boxes from our move to Steve's 7 months ago, and I had already done two 'cleansings' of Stuff - one before our last move, and one a couple of months ago, so that helped a bit.

By the time 3 o'clock rolled around, I was desperate for coffee, so Nikkie and I walked to Timmie's and I bought a medium, which used to be a large, I believe, and drank every bit of it. Also got a bit of donuts and Timbits for an emergency stash. Then, after we got home, I realized that we would be coffee-less, and milk-less, and Becel-less - in fact, we would be everything-less - in the morning. I decided to walk to Walmart to get these things (and others) - coincidentally enough, that was the exact minute it started to pour from the heavens. Not being one to let a drop of rain get in the way, my Buggy and I left anyway.

Well, 5 miles of walking didn't deter me. Nikkie was nice enough to cook burgers and KD for a late dinner, and we inhaled some of that and headed  home about 8 o'clock. I missed Howard after about five minutes after we arrived, and went upstairs looking for him. Needless to say, he was sound asleep in the bed. I was determined not to go to bed until I had 'my' kitchen waiting in the morning, so I unpacked and stored away and had the kitchen basically done, complete with a bowl of fruit on the table and the coffee pot ready to be turned on in the morning. About 12:30 I headed for bed, knowing I'd be asleep before my head touched the pillow.

NOT. All I could think of was my cat, Kitty aka Blackie, who wouldn't come out of his ceiling hideaway no matter how often I called him. He used to spend most of his days up in the rafters, I guess he had a camp set up there, and would come down to eat, drink or pee (or worse), and then at bedtime, come down and go to bed with us, where he would first of all crawl over my face with loving greetings, then settle down and purr me to sleep. Sure missed that furry purry fat cat.

So, in order to get me up at 5:30 this morning, Howard suggested going to get the cat while the coffee brewed. After only about 3 hours of sleep, I didn't really care if I ever saw the cat again - but I just couldn't resist the lure of coffee. We did stay in bed a bit longer though, and went to get Kitty just after 7, and though he seemed happy to see me, he changed his mind when I poured, squeezed and prodded him into the carrier, which is actually a huge dog crate. It's just that when a cat doesn't want to go anywhere, he can make what seems like a very easy job very difficult. However, he's home now, he's got a safe spot in our bedroom, and after a couple of hours he stopped mewing mournfully. He is the only 4-legged beastie in this house, so I'm sure he'll settle in quite nicely, and I look forward to his purraby tonight when I go to bed.

I'll get to Part 11 later if I don't drop from exhaustion before then - and if you really want to know what I ate yesterday, I'll see if I can remember -

  • Breakfast - That's easy, Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - ??? I don't think I had any
  • Dinner - Hamburger
  • Snacks - while unpacking I found a Little White Chocolate Easter Bunny, so I devoured his head, ears and all. This will bring Sheila a memory, not of chocolate, though. A couple of Timbits and a Sour Cream Donut. I think I had a small bag of Lays Chips too - if it wasn't of my Flog for the day before that, then it was yesterday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment