Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Flog for April 4

10 AM: First Day Off - Sunshine! Blue Skies! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZDwxnjG1g - just hoping there will be 'nothing but blue skies from now on' ... we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Late getting started, but lots to be done - cookie dough for tomorrow's Easter cookies is probably the priority. First I have to clean the kitchen again- after cleaning everything from last night's supper - dinner, whatever - the other roomie cooked dinner for him and his gal, and left dirty dishes and food, on the table, on the counter, in the sink. Just gonna sweep it all to one side and continue with my stuff. At least the overpowering stench of tons of garlic has left the kitchen. I love garlic, but not enough to use it as a 2-room air freshener hours after dinner is gone.

Oh oh, the brightness has left my window - please please no rain today.

12:19 PM - Sunshiny stuff back again, a huge amount of sugar cookie dough chillin' in the fridge, now get ready, Walmart, here I come!

6:33 PM - It was nice to walk to Walmart with Sheila - here's the pic I promised her. There were so many black clouds surrounding my sky when I left, but they scooted away, and I had a sunny walk home.

 It's a long and winding road - not really! But how nice to have a walk where there's no cars, trucks, and most of all - no buses. Although, sometimes when I'm tugging or pushing a 50 lb buggy,  I wish I could pull the path straight ... it would cut out some metres.
 A bunch of wild daffodils, growing amongst some blackberry canes. a good example of look but don't touch
That could be a song title - Every Daffodil Has Its Thorn. Maybe not.
How lucky am I to live in such a beautiful place! As I was walking home, I watched a bald eagle glide way above me, and a scattering of dandelions by the path reminded me of this poem from a couple of years ago -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Dandelion 

I'm glad they never told me
When I was just a seed
That I'd be growing up to be a weed.

For if I'd known my future
I might have hid my face
And now I wouldn't be here in this place.

A little bit of summer
And it's not even Spring
I'm glad of all the smiles and hopes I bring.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Spinach Salad (from Walmart, these are so yummy and I hadn't had one in ages.)
  • Dinner - Chicken Drummies cooked in Hickory BBQ sauce, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Broccoli
  • Snacks - A few chocolate candy, Diet Pepsi, Pudding, and two cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment