Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Flog for April 8 - Happy Easter!

What a great day. The temp reached in the 20's, sunny, a bit of wind but it was warm. Did a bit of housework in the morning, and a bit of laundry during the day. Neil, Shannon and their boys came over after lunch to help us celebrate Easter, and it was so good to see everyone together just having 'a time.'
Neil and Dominik - they both have a talent for the drums
Now I know what to get Dom for Christmas. He can be a little drummer boy!
Steve wore the Chef's Hat today, even though we never had a real hat
Steve spent a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking and peeling and cutting and chopping and cleaning ..... and trying to be a smart ass - quite successfully, I may add. I really should be careful what is on the other end of the lens before I snap the picture.

I'm just hoping no one else notices anything strange- he thought it was bloody hilarious
Five kiddies and their baskets running around looking for Easter chocolate - oh, and Neil makes six! He never had a basket, because he has big big hands.

The Easter Egg hunt went over really well - some would say too well - but the kiddies did manage to find lots of candy
Here we have Lizzie, Chris, Dominik, Clayton, and Tanner - how cool are they?
Full of ham and chocolate - they look very calm, don't they?
... and now, more tunes from the garage ...

Listen at your own risk. I would advise ear plugs, a pillow strapped over each ear, and a distance of about 150 metres. If anyone wants to book this duo, give me a call. I'll pass on the message as long as your house is at least a mile away from ours. I hope nothing bad happens to Steve's new amp while he's at work one day. My ears are still going boing boing.
  •  Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - and Bacon and a Fried Egg. Steve made breakfast (well, I helped, I made the toast, which was the hard bit, as I had to slice that wonderfully fresh Raisin Bread first.)
  • Lunch - Soup. I was lucky enough to find some Beef/Veggie Soup hiding in the freezer, and it is still very tasty!
  • Dinner - Ham. Mashed Potato. Rutabaga (Turnip on the East Coast). Carrots. Broccoli. Lemon Pie. Steve cooked dinner (well, I helped, I made the Lemon Pie, which was the hard bit, as I had to bake the pastry, cook the filling, and whip the meringue - which by the way, my grandkids didn't like.)
  • Snacks - Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate etc etc etc. I wouldn't know where to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment