Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Flog for April 26

Very happy today. We signed a year lease on a really cool house, and were given a free month's rent for May. How cool is that! The landlord really liked us and had just got rid of really bad tenants. The house has been completely painted, although it's white all the way through (c'mon grandkids, we need some paintings to hang to add colour), and there will be a brand new stove, washer and dryer delivered on the day we move in - which will probably be on Saturday, if we get our bed and coffee pot wheeled down there by then.

The house is a 2-storey A-frame, with 4 bedrooms. There are 2 upstairs, one huge one with lots of room for Howard to chase me, and hopefully tire himself out before he catches me. Also there is a much smaller one which will be a kids' bedroom, to use for sleepovers for grandkids, and a full bathroom as well. Downstairs there is the living room, kitchen, laundry room with back yard access, a nice sized bedroom and a smaller one that will be My Room. And there's lots of closet and storage space. Not too many cupboards or counter space in the kitchen, but I think we're going to work on that. At least I told Howard he will work on that.  I hope.

It may be a few days before we get internet access, but I'll do the best I can to keep this flog up and running on a daily basis, just so my faithful readers don't go into withdrawal symptoms.

Meanwhile, I did 2 tasty chickens for dinner, small ones, which will also serve for tomorrow's sandwiches and next week's soup. Chicken #1 - rubbed in Seasoning Salt, Garlic Plus, Paprika and Pepper, with a quartered orange (with peel) stuck up its butt. Chicken #2 - rubbed in salt and pepper, with a quartered onion up its butt and cooked for a couple of hours, then drained off the liquid and covered the sucker in BBQ sauce. Slow cooked both in roaster pans for about 3 1/2 hours at 300 degrees, and voila! Deliciousness personified (or should I say chickenified?)

Tried my first step on the road to a perfect chocolate muffin, because I haven't really found one yet. Started off with my favourite muffin recipe, which I will give you all one day, I'm sure, and changed a bit of this and a bit of that, and came up with a pretty okay result, but I'm not quite satisfied as to its chocolateness. So more tweaking and when I get the perfect CM, I will share with everyone.

My life is going to be a bit hectic over the next few days. I am glad I booked Sunday off, although it won't be for R&R. I won't feel settled until I take the first batch of bread out of the oven!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Lettuce Sandwich on PWW Bread
  • Dinner - Chicken and Bread
  • Snacks - Chocolate Muffin (taste test only), a couple of little Easter eggs, Orange Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment