Monday, April 23, 2012

My Flog for April 23


Today was a day of Up and Downs. On the Up Side, I saw my Eagle on the way to work, and he had a buddy in the tree with him. Maybe he's seeing someone special. That was tres cool. On the Down Side, I missed him on the way home, must have dozed off at the wrong moment. (I had an awful thought - that someone chopped down his tree and that's why I missed it. I'll find out in the morning.)

On the Up Side, the short list for the Richmond Restaurant Blogger was posted this morning, after 3 long weeks of waiting. On the Down Side, I didn't make the cut, but I sort of expected that. The 12 who got picked already do that sort of thing and have active blogs to prove it. I do have a couple of Plan Bs wrestling for position in my head, we'll see what happens with them. (Maybe they could join the Wrestling Club we saw advertised on Saturday.)

On the Up Side, now I have 2 days of work under my belt, but on the Down Side, there is still 1 more day to go.

On the Up Side, Howard got his Canada Pension check today, but on the Down Side, it's dated for the end of the week.

On the Up Side, my blog is done and I can go to sleep (big yawn here.) On the Down Side, there is so much more I want to do tonight, but am too tired, sleepy, and exhausted to accomplish anything.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Share-a-Soup-and-Sandwich Day - so it was half a bowl of Corn Chowder (fancier name than that, I can't remember, but it was really good) and half a wrap, which was delicious too, but I can't remember that either. It had chicken, (I think) yellow and red pepper, it was Spiced Mango something or other. Both came from Steveston Bakery, and both were utterly yummy.
  • Dinner - Meat Loaf. Howard made a fantastic Meat Loaf. Unfortunately there was no sous chef to do any sides, so I just had mine with a slice of bread.
  • Snacks - a couple of biscuits, a tidge of chocolate, a hot chocolate, and two muffins ... no, make that three muffins. I make the bestest muffins - I just tweak a really good recipe I found to make them even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment