Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Flog for April 10

After breakie, Steve brought me to the sky train station. I had a feeling something was wrong when I saw many people walking away from the station, but I went upstairs anyway - the escalator wasn't working, but that was the least of my worries. It's really strange to walk up a still escalator, by the way - makes me a bit dizzy if I look at the stairs. However, when I reached the waiting area at the boarding level, all I could see was a sea of people, as wide as the platform and as long as the platform. I managed to squeeze my way through and find a spot big enough for me. After about 10 long, noisy, people-laden minutes, a train rolled in - already partly filled up. Even though King George Station is the beginning (or end) of the line, the smart people who were waiting at Surrey Central, a minute up the line, got on the east bound train rather than waiting for a west bound one, so they were the lucky ones who got the seats. Once again I did a squeezy thing, and managed to get a spot by a pole, so at least I could hang on for dear life once the train started rolling, after another 5 minute wait. Nobody would have fallen down anyway, as we were packed in like sardines, and horizontal just wouldn't happen.

By the time we reached my stop, my fingers hurt from grabbing, and my knee hurt from keeping balance as the train swerved and bounced its way along the track. There was only a little wait for a bus, and from then on the commute was fine.

Along the way, I saw my eagle again, and this time I got a pic of it and its nest way up in the tree.
It's a teeny tiny speck indeed, way up in the branches, but you can easily see its penthouse. He (She) was there again on the way home; seeing it is the one bright spot in my commute, and I look forward to it every trip.

After lunch, I found some more wildlife. There was a wicked big bumblebee in the window - at least I think it was a bumblebee. Its huge body was black, and it had a yellow stripe around its head and another one around its butt. And boy, did it ever buzz. Another customer and I were trying to get a picture of it, but the bugger wouldn't stay still, and kept buzzing and flying into the window looking for a way out. I am a tad nervous around an ordinary bee, let alone this one, so it gave me a few jumps and starts. Finally a brave man came to my aid, and as he was putting a bottle over it he got a big too enthusiastic and sort of broke the bee in half. Then he had to do a mercy killing and dispose of the corpse in the garbage. I did feel a bit bad - but that was preferable to leaving it in the store and having it attack me when I wasn't looking.

After dinner I cleaned up, read the kiddies a story and tucked them into bed, and made Blueberry Muffins. I guess I should take a picture of the muffins to show you how pretty they look - hang on - (you already know how pretty the kids are) -
Well, I don't know if pretty is the right adjective. They do look quite blueberryish. Howard said he had a Cranberry Muffin last night with only one Cranberry in it, so I didn't want to repeat that error. Then I went to visit my hubby, who was burning some recyclable cardboard in the back yard. Doesn't sound very green to me, really, but less to carry out to the curb in the morning.
  • Watch out for the flankers!

    And now I'm ready for bed, and re-checking my Facebook page before I give it all up for the night. Thanks Cliff, for posting this pic that reminds me I used to be young!




  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee. 

  • Lunch - Veggie/Beef Soup, Veggies on a Bagel sandwich, Cranberry Orange Muffin, and Hot Chocolate 

  • Dinner - Fried Potatoes, Onions, Bologna and Beans 

  • Snacks - Yogurt, 2 Graham Wafers (Howard had a fire outdoors, and I thought "SMORES!" but I couldn't find any chocolate so I just had the wafers), and my White Chocolate Bunny's head.












No comments:

Post a Comment