Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Flog for April 19

On my way to Walmart this morning, I noticed some fellows way up high working on the Hydro Lines. Some were in big tall Cherry Picker/Cranes whatever, and then there was this guy in the contraption below. All of a sudden there was the roar of an engine (or something, maybe it was his heartbeat) and he was zooming down the wires - just like a zip line. I was scared just watching him, and made sure to have my camera ready just in case he fell out - there are papers that pay big for pictures like that, I think.
And then, just at that moment, the following song comes on my MP3 player. I mean, it was no surprise, as I loaded it, along with a ton of other tunes - it just came at a coincidental time.
Then he headed back to his buddy in the crane basket, where he climbed over the top rail of his contraption, and  into the crane basket. Just watching him transfer was a bit nerve racking. Hope he gets lots of danger pay.

Now, on a completely different subject: When I see this, I see a cute piggy ....
... but a lot of people see this:
... and when I walked home today and stopped to take a picture of one of Howard's rhubarb plants, I didn't really see this ...
... I saw this.
Can't wait. This is a Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, but Apple Rhubarb Crisp is just as delicious. As are Rhubarb Muffins, Rhubarb Upside Down Cake, Rhubarb Pie and Stewed Rhubarb. I sure hope that rhubarb plant and its sister in the back yard have a lot more growing to do!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Kellogg's Special K Cracker Chips (Cheddar Flavour) - now here's a warning - DON'T BUY THEM UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO EAT THE WHOLE PACK - because they are very addictive, and that's why I wasn't hungry when lunch time rolled around. Plus some Easter chocolate. By that time, it was just as well to jump right in and do a good job.
  • Dinner - I cooked a really nice Roast Pork-with-all-the-trimmings Dinner - Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Turnip, Carrots, Broccoli, that delicious Crust/Pastry I put on top of every roast I make, and Gravy. I never made a dessert. Every one was stuffed with dinner anyway. Plus there was half a pan of Brownies left from last night.
  • Snacks - You got it - a piece of Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment