Friday, April 27, 2012

My Flog for April 27

Today, while Howard was at work, I started packing some Stuff for the new house. I wasn't very organized - I never am when I do things on short notice with no plan of action. It was only last week I spent most of 3 day offs rearranging the basement, moving tons of heavy stuff to make myself a Nook. Because I had unpacked about 6 boxes then, I did have 6 boxes to use today. 4 mornings ago, I had no more intentions of moving than I had of visiting the moon. I guess now it's become a habit.

I decided to pack up some kitchen stuff in cloth bags and move it carefully rather than pack it in boxes, where it would be invisible and could get thrown, tossed or dropped. So then I decided to take as many cloth bags as I could and using this -
- haul them down the street. So now we have some bowls, and flour, and other necessary things for the baker's (that's me) kitchen. While there, we opened the windows and doors to help get rid of the paint smell, and put out several bowls of cut-up onions in cold water, which is supposed to absorb the smell of paint also. I suppose next I'll have to go online to find out how to get rid of the smell of onions. I'll know tomorrow if it worked.

I made sure Nikkie came with me today so she could case the joint for any invisible inhabitants, but she swears she feels no presences there. But she had that little smile on her face that makes me believe she wasn't telling the entire truth. If I get any cold shivers down the back of my neck, or start hearing someone talk to me, I'll drag her down there again. I did have the not quite pleasure of sharing a house with an invisible dead person a long time ago, and only got rid of her when I asked her to hang around and take care of the kids. She left pronto, let me tell you. (You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not, honestly.)

However, when Howard came home from work, he decided to do one up from me, and he packed some things in this -






 - just little odds and ends, like my beautiful kitchen table and chairs, a TV and some kind of box (maybe a DVD player?) and a couple of bookshelves. I hope the Big Dark Blue Truck has a good rest tonight, because tomorrow it's going to be working hard, and tomorrow night we'll be sleeping under a new ceiling. I'm just hoping I don't get up in the middle of the night to pee and fall down the stairs, as I'm so used to going upstairs to the bathroom.

There is one thing about the stairs in the new place - as you are walking down them, you are facing a big tall mirror, so you can watch yourself make an entrance. At least now I'll know if I ever forget to put on my skirt (or jeans) before I go out. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup
  • Dinner - Chicken and Oven Fries
  • Snacks - a little Peppermint Patty, Orange Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment