Monday, April 16, 2012

My Flog for April 16

What is ironic?

Me at Walmart yesterday, drooling in front of the 50% off plus 50% more off Easter chocolate, loading the basket with all sorts of different goodies, then grabbing a Diet Pepsi from the cooler on the way to check out. (When things are marked 50% off, then signs say an extra 50% will be taken off the sale price at the till, that is really 75% off. But it does sound like a better deal, doesn't it? However, you have to hope your cashier can   divide by two - I had to do all the math for her, poor soul. They don't have a 50% off button on their high-tech computerized cash registers.)

It's been a long day - I worked with Pauline. Or should I say Pauline and I were at the store, don't tell our boss this, but we didn't work too hard. I think we were still getting over Saturday and the Red Hat Ladies Spring Treasure Sale. So tomorrow I will have to work twice as hard to get everything done - and so will Penny. Sorry, Penny. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - the Partially Whole Wheat Bread made the best toast in the world, it even surpassed the 2 kinds of Raisin Bread. Hard to believe, eh? But true!
  • Lunch - Pea Soup, PWW Bread, Cranberry/Blueberry Muffin and Coffee
  • Dinner - Sausage Roll, 1 slice of PWW Bread (couldn't resist it) and ice cream. If I want ice-cream, I just offer some to the kids, knowing that they will never eat a whole scoop. Then I eat what's left. Standing up. (Food eaten standing up has no calories, I know everyone knows that.)
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate. Chocolate Chip Muffin. Yes, I know, I have to quit eating all these delicious carbs, but if I give up baking now, Steve and Howard will no doubt go into withdrawal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment