Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Flog for March 1

Well, the day didn't improve much after the terrible fiasco with the scales this morning. Seems like jumping on them, banging them against the wall, and dipping them in the toilet didn't change the Number. And most of my plans for the day went down the drain too. Oh well. So much for planning a good day.

First of all, I didn't walk to the store to get milk, Crisco, chicken, and whatever else caught my eye. Instead of baking a cake, I decided to bake cookies. The Chocolate Chip ones were great, but the Peanut Butter ones managed to catch the oven on fire and only one batch got (mostly) cooked. The rest of the dough is in the fridge waiting for a new stove (which hopefully will have an oven) this weekend. (It was actually the bottom element that caught on fire, and I never even panicked when I opened the door to check on the cookies only to see a blazing bonfire in there. Just removed the cookies and turned off the oven.)

So, instead of Chicken for dinner, I had planned to make a Meat Loaf as we had a huge chub of ground beef in the fridge that needed splitting for the freezer. Couldn't bake a Meat Loaf with no oven, so I brought out my handy dandy electric round cooking thingie, and put the Meat Loaf in that. Worked well. At least, when I asked Howard if he liked it, he said it was Okay, which is a really high compliment for him. And when I asked him about the Peanut Butter Cookies (as I'm trying out different recipes looking for the right one,) he said, 'Well, there's nothing wrong with them.' So I guess I've found my perfect Meat Loaf and my perfect Peanut Butter Cookie recipes. The day wasn't all bad.

  • Breakfast -Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Roast Beef Sandwich
  • Dinner - Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes and Veggies
  • Snacks - a Cookie, and a Pudding
I have decided on a couple of New Month Resolutions:
  1. use more of my day offs for me
  2. same as #1
So hopefully I'll stick to these, and do some more writing and more exploration. Life's too short to spend it picking up laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment