Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Flog for March 13

This Columbia Sky Train Station is really bugging me, but I think I have it figured out. In the mornings, I try to get a seat near the front of the train, because when the train stops at 22nd Street, the front of the train is very near the stairs leading down to the bus exchange. However, in the evenings, I ride at the back of the train, because when the train stops at King George, the back of the train is very near the stairs leading down to where Steve awaits in the Big Blue Truck - unless of course the train changes tracks just before King George, and then the front of the train would be nearer the stairs, but I have no way of knowing that ... however. I do believe when the front of the train stops at Columbia in the evening, that end is beneath the sky, but the tail end remains under concrete and vice versa in the morning.  Maybe I'm making too much of this.

However, I did see something pretty amazing on the way to Steveston this morning, and my trusty camera-phone helped me share it with you.
Snow Geese at Thompson Community Centre - I guess they are on Spring Break too!
I made it big so you could see it better - my trusty camera-phone doesn't have a zoom, and the bus driver wouldn't stop so I could get out and take a better shot. She wouldn't even slow down - if she never had a red light for a few seconds, I wouldn't have been able to get this pic. Not bad though, through a dirty bus window. Or a bus's dirty window. Whatever. The snow geese reminded me of a moan'n'groan I wrote a few years ago - if you're interested, click here to read it. http://smrtgals.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-would-choose-snow-geese-tamar.html

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Macaroni and Cheese. I did get an Egg Salad Sandwich from Subway too, but it was so disgusting I threw it out, and ate the Mac and Cheese I brought from home.
  • Dinner - Hamburger Macaroni - I would have told Howard I was getting tired of pasta dishes, but if I did, he would never cook anything again, so I just grinned and ate it - it was good, though
  • Snacks - One of these days, this category will be empty. But not today. Hot Chocolate, 2 cookies, Yogurt, Maltesers and Diet Pepsi

No comments:

Post a Comment