Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Flog for March 14

Woke up at five with a throat that must have spent all night swallowing broken light bulbs. No matter how much I wanted to bitch and complain, I couldn't, so we all had to suffer in my silence. Actually, I think I was the only one suffering.

As the day progressed, my throat began to feel a bit better, but the rest of me soon caught up. I slithered through some housework, not much, a load of laundry, a sweep of floor, a wash of dishes - just the general stuff. And after lunch, I walked to Walmart, as my choices were either to go get onions, or listen to Howard complain that were no onions in the Mysterious Chicken. It was drizzling when I left, so I just wore my nice warm red Hoodie, plugged in my ear buds, and off I went.

Didn't need a lot of stuff, in fact, I only brought 9 things through the 12 item only lane. However, the greeter decided I looked guilty, so she checked everything in my buggy against my receipt. I was so pissed off. I just emptied my cart on the floor, shook my empty bags upside down in the air, and then when she went to pick up my stuff to put it back in my cart, I just "gently" pushed her arm away and told her not to touch it, I would do it myself. Then I couldn't get it to fit right. I had to make sure the flour wouldn't get wet if I got caught in rain (ha ha ,that's a good one ... just keep reading,) or the eggs didn't get slapped under the onions, or the dishwashing detergent wasn't near the bananas. Didn't matter about the tin of milk. 

I guess she didn't know that a couple of days ago, a customer left a wallet full of money on the counter - I was helping someone else, and when I went back to cash her out, there it was, sitting wide open in front of me. Even though there was no phone number in it, I tracked her down and called her, and she was glad to get it - and all her money. I'm just too honest. I could have been rich.  And that Walmart person thought I stole a bag of candy or something. 

Anyway, to put the icing on the cake (which I did after I got home and baked a cake), when I left the store the rain was pissing down in buckets. I waited for a few minutes but it didn't seem to be letting up, so I just bowed my head and jumped it, arriving home half an hour later with jeans soaked to the thighs, sneakers squeaky, and Hoodie no longer warm and snuggly. 

Oh well. Now I'm all set for an early night - tomorrow must be better. Maybe I'll have a Baileys in a minute.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Cheese Sandwich
  • Dinner - Surprise Chicken and Rice -  I didn't tell Steve what the surprise was, but he still really liked it, so he said. You all know what the Surprise is.
  • Snacks - little piece of Cake (taste test), Big Turk candy, Diet Pepsi

1 comment:

  1. sorry you spent the day playing leap frog with the unicorn too.

    ReplyDelete