Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Flog for March 15

It was a busy day, even though I didn't get a whole lot accomplished. Woke up real early (before daylight) with chills and sweats, then couldn't get back to sleep. I hate being sick. It's not like being sick when I was a little girl, and I could just lie in bed all day and my mom would bring me medicine and a hot water bottle. Or being sick when I was a teacher, because at least I'd know I'd still be on the payroll, so it was sort of like getting paid to suffer - unless of course I had just called in sick and tired for the day.  Now it's just carry my aches around with me, make my own chicken soup, and go to the drugstore and buy my own drugs. Mmm. Drugs.

However, enough tender memories. I had made a doctor's appointment for this morning, not knowing I was going to be sick, and since I was feeling so rotten last night, and it was another Pouring Buckets kind of day, Howard agreed to stay home from work and drive me to Richmond so I wouldn't have to go by transit. I don't think I could have done the transit thing this morning anyway. So we both went to Richmond, and he drove me around to wherever I wanted to go - clinic, the craft store to get my check, Richmond Centre to get my knitting magazine, grocery store to get tons of groceries - then he drove around to where he wanted to go - the liquor store for beer,  his workplace for his check - then home again. I put a pot of dead chicken bones and veggies on the stove top for a soup stock, then I crashed for a few hours. 

Then it was dinner'n'dishes, and now I'm soon going to crash again. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Left-over Cheese/burger Pasta (I think I'm becoming a human garbage bin. Seems I eat a lot of things that otherwise would get thrown out.)
  • Dinner - Chicken Soup and Bread, Cake
  • Snacks - Diet Pepsi, Banana

No comments:

Post a Comment