Monday, March 19, 2012

My Flog for March 19

I honestly don't know what planet our customers came from today, but I was sure glad when 5:30 rolled around. Poor Marina, always so patient, came and begged me to switch jobs with her for a while - she was being "drove nuts" at cash. I was pricing and putting away, and unbeknownst to her, being "drove nuts" on the floor.

For example:
He: Do you have any double-sided tape?
Me: Yeah. Do you want like Scotch tape, or mounting tape, or carpet tape?
He: Scotch tape, I guess.
So we go and I get him the double-sided Scotch tape.
He: Maybe I'll look at the mounting tape.
Me: Sure, down here...
He: Mmmm. Do you have sticky back Velcro?
Me: Yeah .. that's over here ...
He: How much is it?
Me: $6 per metre.
He: I'll have 3 metres of that instead.
So I measure out 3 metres of Sticky Back Velcro, and he asks:
How much will that be?
Me: Well, it's 3 metres, so it'll be $18.
He: $18? That's way too much. I'll just take the tape instead.
Me: The Scotch tape or the mounting tape?
He: Nah, I'll just go to the hardware store.
And he left. 

Before I left for work this morning, I thought I'd be really smrt and stick a Pork Roast in the slow cooker - meat, lots of onions, a pack of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, a cup of water, salt and pepper. I thought for sure someone would peel a few potatoes and pop a few frozen mixed veggies in a pot of boiling water to finish off the meal.

Howard feigned ignorance. He said he didn't know there was meat cooking, even though I could smell it as soon as I hit Surrey Central station. Steve said he didn't have time, because he had to pick me up. And Nikkie was asleep.

Now I'm just waiting for a Chocolate Cake to cool off enough so I can slap some frosting on it before I hit the sack, and my hubby will have a treat for his lunchbox in the morning.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken Soup (home-made), Muffin (cafe-made)
  • Dinner - Pork, Macaroni Salad
  • Snacks - Orange, Hot Chocolate, Baileys w/Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment