Monday, March 12, 2012

My Flog For March 12

The Sky Train is confusing me. Last night (and tonight too) on the way home, I noticed the Columbia station was open to the sky. However, this morning, it was all closed in with concrete. So I deduce one of the following is correct:
  1. Someone pulls a street or building over the station in the night to prevent burglary or dew
  2. The way here is in a different dimension than the way there - or
  3. There are two tracks, parallel, one sort of on top of the other.
To tell the truth, I know there is more than one track, as Columbia has a connecting train that goes somewhere else. If I'm not careful (I was already not careful twice), and I board the wrong train at 22nd Street Station, I could be whisked away to God Knows Where. Thankfully, both times, I was alert enough to switch to the correct King George Train before Columbia Station.

It was such a windy and rainy day today, and also too cold for March. The poor Cherry Blossoms that are beginning to pop out of their buds had a hard time staying on the branches - and we passed one poor old tree that just couldn't take it any more and broke off in the middle. There were a lot of power outages in the Lower Mainland, and even though I prayed hard all day that we would lose the power in the shop and I could go home early, it never happened. It was sort of fun this morning though, watching all the garbage cans and lids rolling down the street, and knowing ours were safe as our garbage day is Tuesday. I thought at first all the walking crows were walking because it was too windy to fly, but I guess they were just tracking the food trail.
I guess one has to live in Calgary to find out what went on during the wind storm ... go figure!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Beef/Veggie Soup, half a Panini crappy sandwich
  • Dinner - Howard's famous Macaroni and Cheese and crappy bologna
  • Snacks - Here we go, with today's Killer Delights - a Peanut Butter Cookie, Hot Chocolate, a few Toffee Candy, Yogurt, and a Bran Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment