Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Flog for March 28

What an extraordinary busy day I had! I got up around 5:30 and made toast and drank coffee. Then I watched the last episode of Coronation Street, so now I'm all caught up until next Sunday. Then, wondering what was going to happen with Carla and  Frank, I went on an English site, and spent the rest of the day reading daily updates - as we in Canada are lagging behind by about 3 months, now I know a heck of a lot more than the average Canadian viewer. If you'd like to join me in my vast knowledge of things to come, just click this - Coronation Street Updates

I did make a pot of really good Split Pea Soup, even though I didn't have all the stuff I needed. I had purchased a Pork H.... a Pig Leg yesterday, so I threw that in the pot with about three cups of yellow split peas, three chopped-up onions, salt and pepper, and let it boil, then simmer, until it thickened up nicely and started to stick to the bottom of the pot - about three hours. Then I transferred it to another pot, and added a whack of my frozen Veggies - corn, peas, carrots, and green beans. I usually put carrots and turnip in - the real ones you grow in the garden (or buy at the produce department), and wash and chop, but the frozen variety did well, and the soup is really good. Even Steve, who doesn't really like Pea Soup, ate some of this and didn't complain (much.) Howard didn't have any soup - unlike me, he's not a Soup Lover - but he did eat all the meat off the Pork Ho .... Pig Leg.

I don't think I did anything else, besides making the Salmon Cakes and cleaning up after dinner. What a wonderful day! However, tomorrow I will have to make up for it, as I have very special people coming to visit on Friday! So excited!

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Sausage Roll, and Pea Soup
  • Dinner - 2 Salmon Cakes
  • Snacks - 2 cookies, vanilla pudding and an orange ... and yes, a few candy.
Reading comments on the Richmond Tourism facebook page regarding the bog position for 365 days of eating in Richmond restaurants is a bit depressing, as there are so many established food bloggers vying for this super job, so I have decided not to go there any more, reading their wonderful recipes, drooling over their wonderful pictures of mouth-watering food, and seeing all their fans insist their food heroes get the job. Makes me feel a tad under qualified, to say the least. Thank goodness I have my own little fan club to read my nightly ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment