Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Flog for March 6

Day 3 of work under my belt, thank Goodness. No nervous breakdown again this week. Today is Tanner's 6th birthday, and I'm heading to Ladner tomorrow to help him with a belated celebration.

We finally got the new stove (after the oven caught on fire while I was baking Peanut Butter Cookies last week,) so after work and after dinner, I found the rest of the cookie dough, which was hiding in the depths of the fridge, and baked it into cookies. Hubby Dearest thought they needed less butter and more peanut butter, even though the first batch I baked last week were supposedly 'all right,' which is indeed a compliment when it comes from his lips. He told me that he didn't spend 40 years cooking without knowing what he was talking about. I'm still laughing (inside.)

Bus notes. If you have one of those shiny looking puffy jackets that looks like someone blew up a heavy duty garbage bag and quilted it, you should sit carefully on the vinyl seat of the bus. Because if you move around, people will think you are farting a lot. However, if you are indeed farting a lot, and are just wearing the jacket to cover it up, then please don't sit in front of me. The ride home this evening was most horrid, as there was an incredibly smelly guy standing right in front me, the kind of smell you get when someone who sweats a lot doesn't shower often. I spent half an hour breathing into my sleeve, which was a vast improvement. Gross. From now on I'll take my chances on the puffy jacket guys.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pepper Steak and Mashed Potatoes - left overs from last week, and I'm not sick yet, so I guess they were still okay
  • Dinner - Macaroni and Ground Beef w/Spaghetti Sauce - our version of Goulash (even though I read somewhere that Goulash is really a soup, who'd a thunk it?
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookie (taste test), something called a Macaroon Madness, and it really was madness to eat it, but I did, yogurt and apple. I'm having an apple because I can't remember if I took my pills this morning, vitamin included - so just in case. (I'm sure I did though....probably....)

No comments:

Post a Comment