Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Flog for March 4

A busy day at work, with 54,987 requests to do bloody ruffle yarn demos. Reminder to me: make sure they pay for the bloody yarn first, and not take up my time then sneak out when I'm not looking, so they know how to knit the bloody yarn they bought at another store.

Another reminder to me: Be very careful about conversing with Steve at the grocery store. As we passed by the meat department, I picked up a Pork Hock, and I said to him, "I think you can use this to make Pea Soup, if you don't have a Ham Bone."

And he said, "What is it?"

"A Pork Hock."

"Huh?"

And he got me. "It's a Pork Hock." (Just say this 3 times quickly and you'll know exactly what I mean.)

And he says: " I wouldn't have thought they were that big." 

And I still didn't get it. But when he started to laugh, and the tall guy beside him started to laugh - then I got it.

I just walked away - after I reminded him I was his Mother. He was still laughing. Very funny, Steve. Very funny.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - left over Meat Loaf and Mashed Potatoes, Pudding
  • Dinner - Chicken and fries
  • Snacks - Yogurt, 3 cookies, 4 candies
Just a note for those of you wondering why I have so many blogs on the go. I do have my reasons.
Tamar's Day Off - for fiction, if I ever get around to writing any more of it
Tamar Loses It - the food one, which has turned into a journal, I suppose, and a lot of fun to do - usually
Tamar Shags Off - my travel and adventure one -
and I don't think I'm quite finished yet, as I want to do one with just my recipes, which I will probably call
Tamar Gets Stuffed. What do you think? This would just be my recipe file so I'd have them all in one place and wouldn't have to search for them when I'm craving Corn Bread or Pulled Pork.

1 comment:

  1. you are terrible and apparently the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree.....HILARIOUS

    this will be on MY facebook status in a month or so when I convince myself that the idea was mine

    ReplyDelete