Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Flog for March 29

Yawn, yawn, double yawn. Just waiting for the Raisin Bread I baked to cool down so I can bag it and freeze most of it, then it's Sack Time for me. I've been on the go all day, it seems.


I decided to get my Stereo Cassette Player out of mothballs, and take it to Walmart with me this afternoon. I stuck in a Willie Nelson tape, but it sounded as if I were playing a 45 rpm at an LP speed. Wasn't sure if it was poor old Willie, or the pre-MP3 artifact. So I popped in Paul Simon's The Rhythm of the Saints tape, and lo and behold, the beat was right on. And the first song was very suitable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaMtWc_zulQ&feature=fvst
as Paul sang "I can't run but I can walk much faster than this" into my ears. I thought to myself, 'Well, that's too bad, Paul, because I can't walk any faster than I'm going, sorry buddy.'

We did finally make it to Walmart though, and on the way home, pushing $100 worth of groceries in my buggy, as it was too heavy to haul it behind me, I had the answer to this one down pat -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS9_ipu9GKw
and the answer was 'YES, damn it, I have, in fact I am seeing it RIGHT NOW, bloody big drops of it, and my feet are getting wet.'

However, I did get home eventually, after saving two worms from drowning. Have you ever tried to pick up wet worms from rain-covered pavement? It's extremely difficult. I had passed so many bloated drowned wormy carcasses on the path, when I came across some wriggly ones that looked like they may not make it across the watery way, I thought I would rescue them by tossing them back on the grass, where they may have a chance to eat and poop some more wonderful soil. After realizing how hard it was to pick them up, I quit after two. (Hmm...I hope I remembered to wash my hands before I started to make the bread .... )

So home it was then, to start a stew for dinner, and knead up some Raisin Bread for a Real Treat, then some Beer Bread for a side dish, as I was too tired to do veggies. And then, a bus trip to The Great Canadian Super Store for some Beef Kidneys. Yech. Steve came to my rescue and brought me home, as by the time I found everything I needed and stood in line behind a lady buying over $400 of groceries, it was dark.

And that is why my blog is late tonight.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Pea Soup
  • Dinner - Beef Stew and Beer Bread
  • Snacks - Pudding, 2 cookies, Diet Pepsi
And last, but not least - A huge THANK YOU to Barb for sending me a copy of the March Downhome. 
    It was so cool to see this in print!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment