Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Flog for January 12 + Crazy Going Slowly Am I

In defense of the first snack on the list below, I had to walk almost 2 miles to get it, and then  almost 2 miles back. It's a long way to walk with a small check for the Royal Bank and then PriceSmart, to spend that small check's worth. Tomorrow the walk will be just as long, but the check will be a lot better, as I will be able to deposit my paycheck, and that should buy more than dinner and a Mr Big Bar.

So on the way home, between walking slowly and pulling my grocery buggy, and sitting on empty bus benches, and just stopping halfway up hills, I decided that the reason I'm not eating really well lately is because I've been ignoring me, myself and I. The three of us seem to work together most of the time, but then there are times when we either just ignore or argue with each other. Much like my hubby and me, actually. Maybe it's the me part that's to blame.

Anyway, we had an internal conversation and it sort of helped. I think.

Me: (as in, Me me me me me, it's all about Me) Me wants it all. Me  wants chocolate, candy, muffins, donuts, scones with icing on top, cake, pastries, ice-cream .... bring it on!

I: I want to be healthy. Leave all that crap on the shelf and pack up the veggies and fruit, and the whole grain bread, and Becel - Walk faster - Walk more - get off the bloody comput.....(oops, my computer just about froze, I better watch what I say)

and then there's 

Myself: If Myself was more careful and read the calorie and fat content of that Mr Big Bar, Me would never had the chance to buy it. 300 calories and 14 grams of fat. So, all that walking Myself did today, about 4 miles, has gone to waist.  Myself does try to be good about what we're eating, but sometimes Me really gets in the way - and as for I - she is nothing but a pain in the butt with all her nagging.  

Now as you can all see, I have more problems than worrying about busting the arse out of my jeans when I sit. If I do indeed have 3 personalities to cope with, that would make each of us around 53 pounds. Way too small. I'm going to have another pudding - only kidding!
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Turkey Soup, yes I'm still eating it and there's yet more in the freezer, but that's okay cos it's really yummy, 2 slices of bread and butter, and that was white bread, by the way - no multi-grain 
  • Dinner - The Best Beef Stew in the whole world, hand-made by moi, of course, and mashed red potatoes (with some skins left on) and overcooked broccoli - yes, I overcooked it - again
  • Snacks - Mr Big Bar, butterscotch pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment