Monday, January 30, 2012

My Flog for January 30

I really have to control my food more. After today. I did the Real Age Test yesterday, and am actually younger than my physical age - not by much, but it's a start. I don't however feel younger, and I'm sure I don't look younger - but there it was, in black and white. 1 1/2 years younger.

But in doing the test, I realized I'm not eating really well, as far as servings of fruit, veggies, whole grain, fish, beans - you name it. I think if I did eat everything I'm supposed to eat every day I would put on more weight. I can't imagine 5 servings of whole grain bread on a daily basis, along with everything else one is supposed to eat. I did a bit better today though, if one ignores the extras.
  • Breakfast - Whole Grain Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Half a bowl of Beef and Barley Soup, half a Ham, Swiss and Veggie Sandwich on Whole Grain Bread, and Hot Chocolate
  • Dinner - BBQed in the oven Chicken Leg and A&W Fries
  • Snacks - Oh my, a lot of snacks. Scone, Orange, Apple, Pudding, and a Caramel Wafer Bar
Whole Grains: 4, if you include the barley in the soup
Fruits/Veggie - 4, if you include the veggies in the soup - 5 if you also include the fries
Proteins - 4, if you include the beef in the soup
Dairy - 3, if you include the yogurt I haven't eaten yet but probably will before I go to bed

...and  I went upstairs to get my Centrum, and ended up forgetting to get it. So I'll have to remember to do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment