Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Flog for January 22

The freezing weather may be over, but it's still cold, with lots of wind and rain. Glad I wore a straight skirt, if I was wearing my brown one it would have been over my head on my way to the bus after work. We had a pretty good day at work, in spite of the weather, but I'm glad to be home with a belly full of dinner and a few words to share.

That's it for the words, though - American Idol is on and I'd like to knit a wee little bit before I hit the sack, which actually won't be before a second load of laundry is dried and folded. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Leftover Beef Pie (it was still okay - I hope) and Mashed Potatoes, Pudding
  • Dinner - Boiled Potato, Turnip and Carrot - Howard did a Jigg's Dinner -   http://newfoundland.ws/Newfoundland_Recipes_Cookbook.asp?Recipe_ID=Jiggs_Dinner That was a change, let me tell you - not that he cooked, but that he cooked a traditional Newfoundland    meal. I guess he forgot the Peas Pudding though - either that or he couldn't find anything to cook the peas in. I won't mention it in case he gets upset. By the way, all the recipes I found on my search said to soak the salt beef overnight, and pour off the water - we never did that. Just didn't cook a lot of it, I guess. Maybe we always did it wrong, and maybe that's why we have high blood pressure now. 
  • Snacks - a few Jelly Beans, a cookie, Diet Pepsi, Hot Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment