Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Flog for January 14 + My Thoughts Regarding Snow

Snow day. After lunch, Steve and I took the rug rats outdoors for a while, just in case this was the first and only snowfall of the year. Kids need snow to play in sometimes. And I guess grown-ups do, too. The snow was too crusty to create a snow person (just being politically correct,) but we had fun nevertheless. They thought it was really neat to clobber their daddy and nanny with snowballs. 
Chris and Lizzie loaded up - run, Daddy, run

I remember snow back home when I was young - and even not so young. Kids today would never believe how much snow we got back then, it actually did level off with the fence posts, and it actually did cause storm doors not to open, when the wind would blow a big drift of it against the door. I wouldn't think anyone born and bred here in the lower mainland of BC (or Texas) would know what a blizzard is like, with the wind blowing the snow so fierce you can't see a foot (or 25 centimetres) in front of you. I've had my share of wading knee-deep in the white stuff, and inching my way up to the old school on the hill, with no fence to hang on to, and spinning tires and skidding into ditches - oh yes, I've had my share. I'll happily put up with a little bit of fairy dust here in Surrey for now!

Yes, this is real snow, and this is my dad shovelling it - and this is our house behind it.
Nothing else exciting. A bit of housework, making dinner, a bit of knitting, and a bit of Sanctuary. Soon it will be a bit of sleep, and tomorrow morning back to work for 3 more days. Sigh. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Leftovers, Chicken and Rice
  • Dinner - T'ousands of t'ings - Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Bologna, Onion Rings, French Fries - only a little bit of many things, though, it looks a lot more than it really was. Beans - a spoonful, Mashed Potatoes - a bit more than I should have, Bologna - 1/2 slice, Onion Rings - 2, French Fries - 6 or 7, and they were oven baked. Still I'm pretty full. Burp.
  • Snacks - Now this is where it gets nasty. Muffin, several cookies (as opposed to a few), a few candies (not several), Diet Pepsi, and a Pudding. I don't think I'll be eating anything else tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment