Friday, January 20, 2012

My Flog for January 20 + Here, Words, Words, Words....

8:45am - and what oh what shall I do today? I do have a request to finish a sweet little pair of gauntlet mittens for a cute little girlie who thinks 1 and 1/2 mittens aren't enough to keep her little paws warm, and I do have a snow/ice bound husband who will probably want to share my time, and I do have season 3 of Sanctuary downloaded (with foreign sub-titles, no less) - so we'll see what will fill up my day. Maybe I'll learn an unidentified foreign language.

I don't think the snow on the ground (what's left of it) will last much longer. Click the link to see why.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t30cX6OGO0U
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Soup (now it`s all gone, good to the last drop - at least I hope it was good, as in not laden with invisible little bacteria), and a Cheese Sandwich
  • Dinner - Home-made Meat and Veggie Pie with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
I`m really out of sorts today, and I don`t know why. Maybe tomorrow will be better. However, since I do need some words of wisdom to finish this posting, I think I`ll just steal something from once upon a time - when I had no words to tap either. Some of you may have read this before ....


There’s nothing in my empty head
I think I should have stayed in bed
The keyboard sits in front and thinks
The stuff she’s typing really stinks
There’s nothing in my empty head
I think I’ll clean the fridge instead.

I know I have to post some stuff
But boy today it’s mighty tough
Where sometimes there are tons of words
There’s just some lousy lumps of turds
There’s nothing in my empty head
I think I’ll scrub the floor instead.

I know there’s times my words just flow
Like crazy weeds they grow and grow
But not today, they lag behind
I have a constipated mind
There’s nothing in my empty head
I think I’ll just crawl back in bed.

Forget I even tried to start -
Today I don't feel very smrt.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment