Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Flog for January 7

Today was a Carb Day, no doubt about it. It seems I spent all day grazing.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Turkey Soup
  • Dinner - Turkey Soup and 3 Dumplings (thanks, Elaine, for that particular craving) 
  • Snacks - 1 muffin, 5 cookies, 1 Diet Pepsi, a Mandarin orange, 2 slices of Apple Cinnamon Bread (I rescued that from the freezer, but unfortunately it didn't stay safe very long after it defrosted)
 It seems I got up eating and am going to bed eating, but all in all, if you subtract the carbs, I don't think I ate much at all. Although I could almost swear I ate more than that, I honestly can't think of what else there was. Maybe I'll be keeping my figure for another day.

Pouring rain all day, and lots of up and down stairs for me as the landlord and his boys ripped out the floor of the downstairs bathroom - and found a huge moldy mess underneath. Seems something was leaking for years, and after 3 repairs of the floor itself, he finally smarted up and went looking for the reason. Howard took over, and has spent all afternoon and evening, cleaning and scraping and scooping, and then replacing the floor joists and the floor. Tomorrow hopefully the plumbing will be hooked up and we'll have a brand new throne (I hope the landlord doesn't find the one I saw yesterday in a field on the way to the market), and shower stall. Hopefully all will be soon done, and we'll have a shower again. Because I don't like baths. And I just had to have one.

Howard just informed me I don't know nothing, which in fact, says I know everything. It feels good to know he thinks I'm very smart. Just because I couldn't remember what the shower enclosure was called. A Stall. Still sounds funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment