Monday, January 23, 2012

My Flog for January 23 - Gung Hei Fat Choi

Gung Hei Fat Choi  (Gung Hei is equivalent to Congratulations or Wishing you happiness, and Fat Choi, means Sudden and huge increase on your property.) These are good greetings no matter where you are this Chinese New Year's Day! If you really want a taste of celebrations, watch the You Tube video here.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svz-n3QRymI

Now imagine being in a crowd and near the dance itself. Now be happy you have a volume control on your computer.

Here in Surrey, while we were bombarded with fireworks for a week during Dhaliwal, it is quite quiet tonight, but I bet in Richmond their are many booms and bangs and fizzles and sparkly lights in the sky. Richmond has a lot of Asians while Surrey has a lot of East Indians. Unlike back home, in Newfoundland, which has only a lot of Newfoundlanders. However, we are learning to live with many cultures, and hopefully the younger generations will learn to live peacefully together.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - 1/2 bowl of Lentil Soup, 1/2 Egg Sandwich, 1 slice Lemon Loaf, Ginger Ale
  • Dinner - 2 Sausages, Potato Salad, 2 Onion Rings, and a Fortune Cookie - Steve read me my fortune - it said "Give your youngest son money to buy guitar toys." Now that was very amazing, as he really wants some guitar toys. Don't tell me this Fortune Cookie thing isn't real.
  • Snacks - 3 cookies
Now I have to be brutally honest. I went to bed last night, and couldn't settle at all. To prevent me from waking Howard every five minutes with my tossing, turning, moaning and groaning, I got up and ate a pudding, a Nutrigrain bar, and two cookies. After that, I slept soundly, and hopefully, soundlessly. Since there is no place on my Flog for midnight snacking, we'll just do a temporary list and hopefully not need an extra bullet in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment