Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Flog for January 15 - From Smart to Dumb in 6 Hours ( and no, I don't mean me)

Howard was really nice this morning (?) and offered me a ride to work. However, we hadn't gone far before he started regretting it, as the roads were slushy, icy and slippery. I was glad there was no reverse on the truck, and he did get me to work unscathed. We passed one accident on the way, and saw cars slippin' and slidin' (  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKxyoud_c-E ) in front of us, so I think he did really well. I was a bit nervous, I must admit. I decided to buy some lottery tickets before the next draw - a big whopping twenty million is up for grabs. I would quit work, and buy Howard 4 new snow tires and a plow for the front of the truck so he can get back and forth to work with no problems. I am kind.

Work was actually pretty good, not too bad a list and not too many customers. One guy came in and brought some cording to the  counter. He held his hands about 15 inches apart and said, "I want 9 times this."

So I measured 'this' and multiplied it by 9 (in my head, even) and went to cut it. Then he said, "Wait, I'll take 1/3 more."

I just looked at him. Marina came up, and I said to her, "He said he wants (my hands help apart) 9 times that plus 1/3 more. Help."

And he replies, "No no, I said 9 times this."

By the time he left we were all laughing like mad. Sometimes we have lots of fun.

And then, we go from smart-ass to dumb-ass. On the way home on the bus, a young Asian chick gets aboard with a huge wheeled suitcase. She pushes up the bench seat in front of the wheelchair seat, and puts her suitcase there - and sits a few rows back. So of course, we all know what happened when the bus started - the suitcase just started rolling towards its owner. At least it was well trained - for a suitcase. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - 1/2 bowl of Cabbage and Vegetable Soup from Steveston Bakery - now, I always thought Cabbage was a vegetable, but what do I know, 1/2 Egg Sandwich from the same place, and a Yogurt
  • Dinner - Chicken and Mashed Potatoes and 2 Onion Rings
  • Snacks - Diet Pepsi, Hot Chocolate, Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment