Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Flog for January 3 + I Wonder if Coyote Ugly is Still Hiring?

On the bus ride to work this morning, I saw, out the window of course, a Restaurant (Cafe maybe) that serves an All Day Breakfast, but it  wasn't open at 7:30 in the morning - so how in heck could they serve an All Day Breakfast unless they open in time to serve breakfast? No lights, no signs of life - how were they mixing the pancake batter, and whisking the eggs, and baking the muffins for their All Day Breakfast? Huh? They should change their sign to Late Morning Breakfast. 

It was a grey rainy day, where the temps hovered around 8, but felt much colder. Still that didn't prevent lots of people from visiting us at the store, and wanting demos for our ruffle yarns. (I'm getting a bit tired of doing demos.) We also started removing Christmas, and since the manager had some stuff hanging from 10 feet ceilings, I had the fun part. Since my legs refused to climb on the last step of the ladder (my mind is willing, and very encouraging, as in "You go, girl, you can do it...") but my legs answered "The F..k I will....) Since the stuff that was hanging was almost over the counter, I used the small stepladder to climb up on the counter, and just as I was straddling the cash register and reaching way way up (think The Friendly Giant), the phone rang. Like it would. At least nobody came in to laugh at me and my little jean skirt while I finished my task.

Actually my jean skirt isn't all that little. Knee length. But when I was reaching 5 feet up - well, you get the picture....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUJjMw6lBo&feature=fvst
(giggle giggle giggle -  I hope he doesn't use these same moves now! )

But now I'm home, despite the bus driver who told me he had trouble seeing the road because it was a rainy night. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Salad with Sweet Onion Dressing from Subway, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Turkey, Potato Salad and Coleslaw (from Safeway,) lettuce and tomato (also from Safeway), one slice of really really nice thin-sliced bakery bread (ditto the Safeway thing)
  • Snacks - Pudding, Banana, Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment