Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Flog for January 21

Two of the most difficult things in the world are: to get the men to go to the store to get something fantastic to cook for dinner, and then to get them to cook it after they get it home. I'm just going to sit tight and see what happens - just going to sit here and tap tap tap, and see if they can figure out they should go soon, unless they want something out a can, which is a very rare thing around here - except when we have beans. 

Steve, the 2 kids and I just had a painting afternoon, and I must say, there are no Bob Rosses in our family, although there may be a young Picasso or two. I myself better stick to knitting and writing - although I was pretty good at cleaning brushes in between colours. 
  •  Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Cheerios, Banana - didn't quite fill the gap, so I had a snack (see below) - I'm sure that comes as no surprise to anyone
  • Dinner - Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli (veggies the second time around, who says microwave ovens aren't handy?)- they did go to the store (looks like there was a side-trip to the beer store) and Howard made enough dinner to feed a small army - I did my best.
  • Snacks - Pudding, Baileys & Milk drinky-poo (because my feet would not get warm), 2 cookies (store bought ones, they don't really count - do they?)
And now it's a start to a nice Saturday evening, and it's really quiet here in our little cellar, with no TV on. Think I'll listen to some of my records until hubby comes down and disturbs the peace. Below is a picture of peace, for those of you who missed it on my Facebook page - and a great big Thank Ya to Josephine for making it available to us Photograph Thieves.

Trinity, Newfoundland - my home from 1972 - 1994

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pleasant Saturday to me! And that photograph you stole, absolutely stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete