Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Flog for January 24

I am so thankful for Tuesday evening, being home after a long day at work, and having four whole days in front of me. I'm sure I'll keep busy with stuff I want to do, and stuff I got to do. The commute home tonight was long and cold - it seemed the bus, then the skytrain was late, and I was shivering with cold by the time I got to Surrey. But that's all over for another more than half a week. Yes!

I finally finished reading Stephen King's latest - 11/22/63. I told Steve that now I could go finish the book I had started before I started to read the book I had just finished - I don't know why he got confused. 
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie Salad and Yogurt from Subway
  • Dinner - Pork Chop, Oven Fries and Coleslaw - thanks to Howard for doing the pork and chips, and Steve for doing the coleslaw. I'm hoping they'll have a Food Network show in the future
  • Snacks - Cinnamon Bun, Hot Chocolate, 1 cookie, and a Baileys w/Milk 
After buying the Cinnamon Bun, I realized why I haven't had one in ages. I ate about half of it, and garbaged the rest. One thing that I have done over the past few months, is change my tastes. Things that used to be so yummy, now are way too sweet. They say if you eat something you don't like every day for two weeks, you will grow to like it - and I guess the reverse is true. However, I am pleased to say, I can still enjoy chocolate, thank Heavens.

The last time I had a chocolate bar, I was actually in bed having wicked heartburn and worrying it was a symptom of a heart attack. After a while I had to get up as I couldn't rest, and it eased off a lot. Then I figured, well, if it is a heart attack symptom - maybe I should eat the Aero Bar that I won on a Safeway game card - just in case I died in my sleep and never had a taste. So I did, and I didn't - I guess I should get another bar just in case -

No comments:

Post a Comment