Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Flog for January 17 + Winter's Here

YES! I got through my 3-day week, and now am all set for a 4-day weekend (insert sigh of relief.) Work has slowed down quite a bit, so I'm not so exhausted at the end of each day - it's either that, or the fact that I have learned to doze on the bus on the way there and on the way home, thereby catching up on a couple more hours of sleep each day. And I don't care if I snore or drool - the only thing I care about is keeping a death grip on my phone and having enough reflexes to beat the heck out of anyone who tries to pry it from my hand.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Chicken/Cheese Sandwich, Pudding
  • Dinner - 2 slices of Pizza, Yogurt
  • Snacks - Scone, Diet Pepsi, Hot Chocolate
I've been getting into the habit of buying a Hot Chocolate in the mornings before I go to the store, since by the time I walk the short distance from the bus to the store, I am bloody 'froze to death' - almost. It's usually either cold on the bus because the bus driver doesn't want to pay the heating bill, or hot on the bus because the driver wears shorts and short-sleeve shirts, unlike the poor commuters who are wearing whatever clothes they can find and layer at six o'clock in the morning. No matter what the temperature inside that germ-filled tin can, the cold hits you when you get off and your boots hit the snow-lined sidewalk. So a hot chocolate becomes a life-saving device - rather like a hypothermia cure, and not a calorie laden treat.

By the way, the temps are showing -9 right now, and that is the coldest we've had it since last winter. Also there is an Arctic Outflow Warning and snow in the forecast - the only thing that's keeping my spirits up (besides the bottle of Baileys in the fridge) is the fact that this weather is so temporary. In a few weeks I'll be posting pics of spring. Bet ya can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment