Monday, January 9, 2012

My Flog for January 9 + I Really Need a Holiday

A day of stuffing yarns, digging for odd dye lots, and tidying bins. It was very disconcerting work - it seems whenever I'd lug out an armload of yarn and bring it to the appropriate spot, there would be these two gals studying the spot I needed. So I'd dump that yarn, and go get yarn for a different spot, and lo and behold - they would have changed places and decided to be where I was headed. I had three different piles of yarn waiting to be stuffed in three different spots - I'm sure these shoppers were following me around, even though they were arriving just before me. Who else would be checking out Alpaca at the front, then Cotton 8 at the back, then Bernat Mosaic in between. Too much of a coincidence, if you ask me.

Anyway, yarn still not finished, as my +8 hours of work also included customer service in the form of cashiering and doing blasted ruffle yarn demos. We've only got like 4 bloody balls of the stuff in the store, and still have to do demos. Well, probably a few more than 4, but you get the drift. Seems like there are hundreds waiting to be shipped at the end of January, and Hallelujah, the whole thing starts again.

I just need to slow down and focus. It took me a few minutes today to realize that the old lady asking for a pattern for a baby yacket was actually wanting to knit a baby jacket. Even a few years ago, I would have caught on right away. I'm just not as joung as I used to be.....
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Veggie sandwich and Pea Soup from Steveston Bakery
  • Dinner - Macaroni and Cheese and Ground Beef Stir Fry from Howard's Kitchen
  • Snacks - Iced Latte, Muffin/cake thingie from Walmart 

No comments:

Post a Comment