Friday, January 27, 2012

My Flog for January 27 + Finally Found Some Words - Some People May Think Too Many

What I bought out of Howard's first Pension Cheque (it was obviously not enough, but that's okay, he....I mean we...will get another one next month:
  1. One pair of jeans. Now here's a few gems of advice. First, always try on jeans before you buy them, especially if they are on the clearance rack with a Final Sale ticket attached. Second, don't assume that because they are the right size, they will look good on you. There is a reason they were hanging in a store called SIRENS and not a store called OVER THE HILL. I honestly didn't know they made hip-huggers any more, and I really didn't realize my hips had sunk along with my butt, until I tried on these jeans and found the hip pockets behind my knees. But very pretty pockets they are, with denim bows on them. 
  2. One shirt from same store, shades of grey with wide stripes, and looks better. Will definitely wear it.
  3. One pair of cute little flat shoes (Nikkie doesn't agree with me, but she was trying on thingies with 6" heels.)
  4. 2 packs of Tums
We are actually lucky we made it to the mall in the first place, as we were just walking along talking and didn't realize we were walking across an intersection where we had a red light, until a car came to a stop about 2 feet in front of us. Oops. Last time I depend on Nikkie to take me anywhere. 

It was quite the walk to the mall, over a mile and a half, then we spent 3 hours there walking around. Because we were afraid we'd be late picking up Chris from school (and because my feet, hips, knees, toes etc were sore and tired) we hitched a ride on a bus. However, because we had spent the time in the mall, and not at the grocery store, I knew I needed to go to Walmart for some stuff to complete dinner, and when I phoned Howard to ask him if we could go there after work, he figured I should walk up and meet him there so he wouldn't have to drive home first to pick me up. So I did. And then after dinner, I realized, that even though we had been to Zellers, and Shopper's, and were just across the street from PriceSmart and down the street from Safeway, and then I had been to Walmart, I had still forgotten to buy cat food. So off to the corner store for us again, and even though it is a corner store, it ain't on any of our corners. But now I'm home - and the only place I'm walking now is to my bed.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Cheese and Veggie Omelette, Hash Browns, Toast and Coffee at Knight & Day restaurant - only ate half, there's half in the fridge but not sure if it's still edible or not. Why would it leak over the bottom of the bag on the way home, I wonder? If I knew it was going to be a leaky omelette, I don't think I would have ordered it.
  • Dinner - Beef Stew, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli - so so so good - Red Potatoes with the skins left on, boiled and mashed with butter and milk - is there any thing better? (unless of course we are talking about ....
  • Snacks - half a 3 Muskateers bar - I guess that would be a 1 1/2 Muskateers bar, but what is really confusing is there were two pieces in the wrapping. So one piece would be half a bar, but half of 3 is not half, it is one and a half, so I'm not really sure what I had. Whatever I had, Nikkie had the same. Diet Pepsi, pudding.
Well, Steve just came back from Long and McQuade with a guitar toy that has the walls vibrating. Must go and give him a good clout in the lug (if you listen to JRFM, you'll know that means a whack in the ear.) I love my boys, but they have been known to be a tad noisy at times.

2 comments:

  1. I quiet liked this flog tonight made me really LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it as usual Tamar. Funny!!! I certainly can relate to the jeans incident. Been there done that! The clothing industry has such a wide variation on any given size that it is very difficult to get a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete