Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Flog for August 10 + A Delicious Corn Bread Recipe + A Raise Doesn't Look Promising.

Soooooo -The winner in the Can You Believe He Actually Said That category for the year is the owner of the store where I work, when my manager requested raises for the staff:

"I could have closed down the store several times over the past few years, but I know how much fun you guys have working there."

Threat? Now I can't actually say what I feel regarding this remark, as this blog has become so popular he may be eagerly awaiting tonight's post, but I imagine my close friends and relatives know the thoughts and words lingering between my two ears. On one hand, I guess it's nice of him to keep the store open solely for the fun-ness of the staff, so we can check in every now and then and just have the frigging times of our lives. On the other hand, it seems the store is doing really well and is probably padding his bank account slightly if not more - and a raise for us would probably lessen that pad. Sucks, doesn't it? I wonder how much fun I would have working somewhere else...or just retiring....oh my. All I know is, we work our butts off to make the store a great place to visit, and our customers would be very upset if he closed it down. I wouldn't put much past a bunch of little old ladies and their knitting needles. It could be a very prickly situation.
  • Breakfast - Toast w/Jam and Coffee
  • Lunch - Subway Chicken Noodle Soup and Yogurt w/Fruit
  • Dinner - Yummy. Chicken Breast, marinated in Chipotle Marinade and baked in the oven, teeny tiny new white and red potatoes boiled in salted water, and my first ever attempt at Corn Bread, which was a big hit and will definitely not be my one and only time making it. And I almost forgot - my first try at Roasted Beet. Now this might not sound all that good, but they are truly delicious, just chop 'em up, toss 'em in Olive Oil and sprinkle with Sea Salt, and roast in the oven until  they are tender. 
  • Snacks - a few grapes, Iced Mocha 
If you'd like to try the Corn Bread, check out the link to the recipe - you won't be sorry!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homesteader-Cornbread/Detail.aspx

That"s it. Good food, now only two pots left to clean, and it's off to bed I go. Tomorrow is the first of three day offs, and I will do what I want to do, when I want to do it. Until Howard comes home, that is. I'm going to try and get a Chinese Takeout Dinner for tomorrow night - wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment