Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Flog for August 3 + A Recipe for Potato Salad (A Yummy One)

Another day of adding up numbers for store inventory. I must say, some of our counters were very inventive in their interpretation of the inventory guidelines. Unfortunately, that meant I had to fix quite a few errors as I went along, making a long job even longer.

Three day offs! Yahoo!
  • Breakie - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Split Pea Soup and a Veggie sandwich on Whole Grain bread - both from my favourite Steveston Bakery, and I'm proud to say I didn't buy a Swiss Apple Tart, or an Eccles Cake, or any other of the delectable treats on display. Shit, now I want one. Of each.
  • Dinner - Chicken, Potato Salad, Green Salad - thankya Shannon. Now I'm stuffed to the gills.
  • Snacks - Ice Mocha, Coke, Grapes

BEST EVER POTATO SALAD
(from the Cream of the West Cookbook with my Little Tweaks)
(don't worry, you don't have to put any tweaks in it)
(my Tweaks are in RED)
In a small bowl, combine:                                                   
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise      (a big glob of Miracle Whip)                      
3 tbsp sweet pickle juice             
1 tbsp mustard
2 tsp salt
pinch of pepper

In a large bowl, combine:
8 cups cubed cooked potatoes  (just chop up enough spuds for your dinner)
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery  (I don't usually use celery)
1/2 cup chopped green onion  (I use plain yellow onion)
1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes  (nope - but I do add cubes of medium cheddar cheese instead)
1/2 cup chopped gherkins  (or a big spoon of sweet relish if you don't have or want to chop gherkins - or you can use sweet pickles, even better)
4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (put them in the cold water with the potatoes -when the potatoes are cooked, so will the eggs - be cooked, that is)

Pour dressing over veggies & eggs, and toss gently. Chill at least 3 hours. (Or eat warm - why not? It's delicious. Don't forget to lick the spoon.)


No comments:

Post a Comment