Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Flog for August 7 + A Weary Traveler + Sharon's Most Delicious Waikiki Meatball Recipe

I'm the weary traveler. Before I started work this morning, I made two trips out to Surrey, and one to Burnaby, driving through New Westminster of course. Then I went to Steveston an hour and a half before I had to open the store, and I walked around for a bit - checked out the Farmer's Market, got a yogurt from Subway, and an Iced Mocha from the best coffee shop in Steveston, aptly named Steveston Coffee Co.

Work was mad, so many people swarming all over the place, buying all sorts of stuff, wanting all sorts of demos. In between I spent time adding up never-ending inventory numbers, but I'm happy to say that piece of labour will soon be done. I hope I can find a number big enough to use for the amount of yarn in the store, though.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee - and a bit of Elizabeth's jam, thankya, it is really yummy, makes the seeds and grains and bits of chaff in the Whole Grain Bread slip down a bit easier - don't get me wrong, really love the stuff.
  • Lunch - Veggie soup from Steveston Bakery, Yogurt w/ Fruit from Subway
  • Dinner - Half a veggie sandwich from Steveston Bakery - I saved it from my lunch, and since Shannon was being quiet, I gave her the other half, one of Steve's meatballs - his Auntie Sharon's recipe, which has been very well received from Coast to Coast - just scroll down to find it!
  • Snacks - Cherries - sweet Cherries from the Farmer's Market, a few Strawberries, also sweet, Iced Mocha, Diet Pepsi
You may be wondering by now why I went to Surrey twice this morning. Once was to keep Howard company when he went to pick up Steve, who had a landscaping job in Richmond, and once to go back to pick up my purse that I left there the first time. I accompanied Steve to the landscaping place to get half a pickup load of stones for his job, then to Home Depot to get the wire fencing  he needed.

These stores aren't nearly as much fun as the one where I work.

Aunt Sharon's Waikiki Meatballs
 
1 lb ground beef
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger
1 chopped onion
 
Mix above ingredients together and form into balls. Either cook in frying pan or in oven.
 
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1 tsp soya sauce
Pineapple tidbits and juice
 
Mix cornstarch with brown sugar, add vinegar, soy sauce, and pineapple juice. Bring to a boil - it should thicken - and and add meatballs and pineapple. Serve hot with Fried Rice.
 
Aunt Sharon's Fried Rice
1 onion
1 green pepper
2 stalks celery
2 eggs
2 cups Minute Rice
Soya Sauce
 
Chop veggies and saute in oil. Add eggs to scramble. Meanwhile prepare rice as directed. Add to veggie/eggs with soya sauce to taste. (I stop cooking when I add the rice & soya sauce.)


No comments:

Post a Comment